Defining a role
This is the first procedure you perform to configure the application for custom views.
To define a role
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Foundation list, choose Advanced Options > View Selection Framework - View Definition, and then click Open. The ViewSelectionRoleDefinition form appears.
- From the Application Name list, select the name of the application for which you are defining the role.
- From the Form Name list, select the form that will be displayed in the new view.
In the View Name field, type the name of the view you are assigning the role to.
The value you type in the View Name field must match the name of the view that appears on the form that you specified in step 4.
In the Role field, type the name of the role.
You can give the role any meaningful name.
- Click Save.
- Close the form and then restart the BMC Remedy Action Request System server.