Creating People templates
You can create records for both support and non-support staff. Non-support staff members include anyone who is not a member of the IT organization or who does not create or modify records in BMC Remedy ITSM.
When you create a people record from a template, part of the record is filled with standard information from the template.
The BMC Remedy ITSM Suite installation includes standard people templates and you can create custom templates.
To simplify the process of adding people, you can create people templates that contain standard information for different types of people.
To create a people template
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation> People> Template, and then click Open. The Configure Person Template dialog box appears.
- Click Create. The Configure Person Template form appears.
Configure Person Template form
- Enter a name for the template and select a status.
- On the Person Details tab, enter information for the template.
- In the Details area, select a profile status.
Select the client type and enter the job title.
If you select Office-Based Employee or Contractor, you must select or enter a site in the Site field. If you select Home-Based Employee, you must enter home information using the More Details tab. If you select Customer, you do not need to enter site or home information.
Select values for the VIP and Client Sensitivity fields.
If these fields are left blank, the default values (Standard and No) are used.
In the Support Staff field, select Yes if the template is for adding support staff.
If you select Yes, the Support Groups and Functional Roles tabs are available. If you select No, these tabs are not available.
- Select whether the person is available for assignment.
- In the Organization Information area, optionally select the company, organization, and department. A default company access restriction record is created for the company you selected. If you do not want to give a user access to this company, or if a user will be granted Unrestricted Access permission, you can optionally choose to remove the record. The Unrestricted Access permission continues to function whether or not the record is removed.
In the Location Information area, optionally select the region, site group, and site. Site information is required when you add an office-based employee.
If you select a site without first selecting a region or a site group, the region and site group fields are automatically filled if the site has been related to the company using these fields.
In the Contact Information area, optionally enter the fax number.
You can select a Country Code for a phone number from the list in the dialog box that is displayed, or you can enter one manually.
- Optionally enter a desk location and mail station.
Select the Login/Access Details tab.
If you want to enable full text search, go to the FTS tab of the AR System Administration: Server Information form. For more information, see .
In the License Type field in the License Types area, select the BMC Remedy AR System license type to assign.
- These fields are required for creating a template for a support staff person.
- You cannot create people templates for Bundled license type.
- In the Application Permissions Group List area, optionally add the appropriate BMC Remedy ITSM permission groups:
- In the Permission Group field, select a permission group to add.
- If required, select a license type of Fixed or Floating.
- Click Add/Modify.
- If you are defining a support staff person template, relate the person template to at least one support group.
- Select the Support Groups tab.
Select the support company, organization, and group name, and then click Add.
If you are adding more than one support group to the template, you can make one the default by selecting it from the list and clicking Set to Default.
- Select the Functional Roles tab.
- Select the support company, organization, group name, and functional role, and then click Add.
To add information from the template that you just created to the People form, choose Quick Links> Select Template in the navigation pane of the form.