Configuring classification settings for incident management templates
The values in the Classification tab are used to add information to the corresponding Classification tab in the Incident form. The Classification tab is used to describe the incident and show which products or services are affected by the incident.
To configure classification settings
- On the Incident Template form, click the Classification tab.
- From the Impact list, select an impact level for the incident form that is created when the template is used.
- From the Urgency list, select a level of urgency for the incident form. The Priority value is based on the impact and urgency.
- From the Incident Type list, select the type of service that is recorded when the template is used. The options are: User Service Restoration, User Service Request, Infrastructure Restoration, and Infrastructure Event.
- Enter in the Service field or from the Service list, select the related business service CI, for example, Payroll Service. This establishes a relationship between Service the incident request.
- In the CI field, type the name of the related CI, for example, Payroll Service. This establishes a relationship between the CI and the incident request.
In the Notes field, type a summary of the incident, which appears on the incident ticket.
Instead of entering the complete description, you can enter prompts for the user who is recording the incident.
- Click Save.