Configuring access to the vendor company
So that support staff in the vendor company can access the vendor company's records, including tickets that are assigned to them, you must grant them access to the vendor company.
In addition, this access gives the support staff access to CIs that are supported by the vendor company, and also gives support staff access to processes that are set up for the vendor company, such as templates and scripts.
Support staff in the vendor company can create tickets only for the vendor company, unless you also grant them access to create tickets.
To grant access to a vendor company
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Foundation > People and click Open.
- Search for and select the appropriate person.
- Click the Login/Access Details tab.
- In the Access Restrictions area, click Update Access Restrictions.
- In the Access Restriction field, select the type of company and then the company for which you are granting access.
- Click Add/Modify.
- Select and add other companies for which you are granting access.
- Click Close.
- On the People form, click Add.