Adding non-support staff
You can create non-support staff records for employees, customers, and vendors.
To add non-support staff
Support staff can use these non-support staff records to complete forms, such as to indicate a customer who called the help desk to report an incident. If non-support staff have a login ID and password, they can record their own requests on the Requester console.
- On the Standard Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console, select the correct company.
- Click the Create link next to People. The People form appears.
- Enter the person's first name and last name.
Select the client type. The following table lists the client types available for selection.
Office-based employee, field-based employee, contract
Select or enter a site in the Site field.
Customer, prospect, vendor
Site information is optional.
You must enter the home information.
- Optionally, you can select a contact type, such as Sales or Technical Support.
- Set Support Staff to No.
- Enter the phone number. Click in the phone field and press Enter. You can select a Country Code for a phone number from the list or you can enter one manually. If you omit the phone number, it is set as unknown.
Optionally, enter the email address.
An email address is required to receive email notifications.
- If this person is a home-based employee, enter the home address and phone number.
- In the Organization Information area, select the company and, optionally, select the organization and department.
- In the Location Information area, select the site. You must select a site for employees, but it is optional for customers and vendors.
- To allow this person to log on to the system, perform the following steps:
- Enter a login ID and password. People who have access to the People form can change their password.
- If this person needs access to applications, see the instructions in Adding support staff.
Non-support staff typically do not need access to applications. They can create and modify requests from the Requester console. From the Requester console they can access only their own records. If you grant them access to applications and you have multiple companies, however, you might want to restrict their access, as described in Adding support staff.
Select a license type of either Fixed, Floating, or Bundled.
Before you click Change to Non Support to change the license type from Floating to Read for an existing people record, you must manually delete the Floating license permissions for the people record from the User form and save the record.
- (For the Bundled option) From the Bundled License Type field under the Bundled License tab, select the required license bundle from either of the following options and then click Add Bundle:
- 2007 Pricing Model
2015 Pricing Model
When bundled licenses of 2015 license model are used, only one bundled license type can be assigned.
- Click Add.
- If you entered a login ID and password for this person, you must confirm the password.
- To add more non-support staff records, repeat steps 3 through 13.
- When you are finished adding people records, click Close.