Adding new values to the overlay
When you finish creating mappings between the source form and the union fields add the new values, as needed, to the SHR:Union_OverviewConsole overlay.
To add new values to the overlay
- Open BMC Remedy Developer Studio in Best Practice Customization mode.
- In the Form list, locate the SHR:Union_OverviewConsole form.
- If an overlay has not yet been created for the form, right-click the form name in the Form list and select Create Overlay.
The form opens automatically.
- If you did not create the overlay in the preceding step, double-click the form name in the Form list to open it.
- In the view that you are customizing, select Create View Overlay from the Form menu.
- Select ConsolidatedStatus (ID: 301569500).
- Right-click ConsolidatedStatus and select Create Overlay.
- Right-click ConsolidatedStatus and select Add Field To View Overlay.
- On the Field Properties tab, change Others > Overlay Type to Others > Overwrite.
On the Field Properties tab, navigate to Attributes > Selections and add any missing enumerated status values that are used in the Status field of the source form.
The Selection values must match the corresponding selection values from the source form exactly. Also, the new IDs must be odd numbers, which prevents them from conflicting with any out-of-the-box IDs introduced by subsequent upgrades.
For example, if the source form has the following status values, you need to perform the following actions. This is an example; the information in the "Action needed" column is hypothetical.
Status value and ID
None. The value, New, already exists with an ID of 6000.
Custom Status A (1)
Add Custom Status A value or an alias with an ID of 90001.
Custom Status B (2)
Add Custom Status B value or an alias with an ID of 90003.
Custom Status C (3)
Add Custom Status C value or an alias with an ID of 90005.
None. The Closed value already exists with an ID of 32000.
- If this work is being done in a localized environment, ensure that the localized alias values (in the localized views) are correct.
Repeat steps 4 through 11 for TicketType (ID: 301626500) while adding the TicketType value from the source form.
Because the ticket type ID enumeration is linear, you must add it to the end of the list of values. Ensure that the new Selection Value and ID match those of their respective source forms. You might need to update this at a later time, if a new TicketType value is introduced by subsequent upgrades.
- Save the form.
If you build the database union structure without the Bypass Enum Value Conversion option before updating the view form with the Status values from the new request form, the new selection values will not exist. A 48747 error message is generated. If you receive this error message, confirm that all needed status values exist in the ConsolidatedStatus field on the SHR:Union_OverviewConsole form and that they match exactly.