Adding and modifying group aliases
A group alias is another term or abbreviation that you can use to reference a support group. Aliases are used in the type-ahead searches on the Support Group field. You can add information to a Support Group field by entering a partial or complete support group or support group alias name and pressing Enter to add the complete support group name. A Support Group entry can have one or more Group Alias entries defined for it.
To add a group alias
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Organizational Structures > Support Groups, and then click Open. The Support Group form appears.
- Search for the support group.
- Select the support group, and then click the Group Aliases tab.
- Click Update. The Support Group Alias Update dialog box appears.
- Type a support group alias into the field at the top of the dialog box, and then click Add.
- Click Close.