Updating the People records
You can update the People records using both template and manual methods. Before you perform this procedure, make sure that you perform a search of the People database to locate the records that you are updating. You can perform updates on groups of up to 100 records in a single update operation.
To update the People records
From the People table, select the records you are updating. If you are updating all of the records on the People table page, click Select all.
Records per page
The People table displays up to 100 records per page. If your defined search and search filter combination returned more than 100 records, then the results appear on more than one page. Use the arrows on either side of the Page field at the top of the table to move between pages
From the Quick Actions menu, select People Update.
The table at the top of the Updating People area contains the records that you selected in .
If there are records in this table that do not belong there, select them and then click Remove Selected.
In the Job Name field, type a name for update job that you are executing. Make sure the job name is meaningful; this is the name that appears in the Job Name column of the People Management console Administration tab, which you use to keep track of the people update job status.
If you are using templates to perform the update, continue to the next step. Otherwise skip to Step 6.
From the Template list, select the template that you want.
To view content of a template
If you are not sure about which template to use, select a template from the list and then click View to open a dialog box that lets you review the template's contents.
Click Apply. Skip to step 9.
After you apply the template
After you click Apply, the fields in the Updating People dialog box appear dimmed and empty. This is to prevent them from being edited after you apply the template.
- Select the field contents in the Organization Information area and the Location Information area according to the needs of the People database update you are making.
- Select the field contents in the Support Group area according to the needs of the People database update you are making. If you are adding more than one support group, click Add. The original support group is added to the table and the Support Group fields are cleared so that you can select another group.
- Select the field contents in the Permission area according to the needs of the people database update you are making. If you are adding more than one set of permissions, click Add. The original permission is added to the table and the Permission fields are cleared so that you can select another permission.
- Click Perform Update and then click Yes to continue. The system displays the Administrator tab from where you can see the status of the job you submitted. The job statuses are:
In Queue — The job is waiting for the system to execute it. The system executes updates every five minutes.
When the job status is In Queue, you can cancel it by clicking Cancel Selected. This removes the job from the queue and deletes any data associated with the job.
- Processing — The system is executing the job.
- Processed — The system has finished executing the job.
- If your defined search and search filter combination returned more than 100 records, return to the Console tab, move to the next page in the People table, and then run the update against the records on the next page as described in the following steps:
- From the Administration tab, click the Console tab.
- Click the arrow to the right of the Page field at the top of the People table.
The next People table page is displayed.
Repeat this procedure until you finish making all of the required updates.