Relating companies and modules to a generic category
Relationships between companies and applications or modules determine which companies and BMC Remedy ITSM applications and modules can accept generic categorization information. A generic category can be associated with one or more companies.
To make the generic category accessible to all companies, select Global for the company.
To relate a company and application or module to a generic category
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Products/Operational Catalogs > Generic Catalog Structures, and then click Open. The Generic Catalog Setup form appears.
- Enter search criteria in the fields on the Generic Categorization Search Criteria area of the form, and then click Search.
- From the results list, select a category. The relationships that appear in the Company and Module Relationships table are directly related to the category selected in the generic category table.
- In the Company and Module Relationships area, click Create. The Generic Catalog Setup form appears.
If you already have a relationship with a -Global- company, you cannot add more relationships. To specify relationships with specific companies, you must first delete the -Global- entry.
- In the Company field, select the company name to relate to the generic category.
- Select Yes for each BMC Remedy ITSM application and module that you want to enable for the generic category.
Click the check mark to the right of the Service Support Modules header to select all applications and modules.
- Select the Status.
A generic category status must be set to Enabled for the category to appear in lists for generic category fields.
- Click Save.