Re-create fields for your customized join forms
After you have installed BMC Remedy ITSM, you might need to re-create fields for customized join forms.
If you have BMC Service Level Management installed, see for procedures on rebuilding service request data sources.
To identify and add join form fields that have been removed during an upgrade
- Using BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the forms you identified in during pre-installation.
- Identify any of the join fields that previously referenced BMC Remedy ITSM fields that have been removed by the upgrade process and add them back into the join form by performing the following steps:
- While displaying the form, choose Form > Add Fields from ITSM Form, where ITSM Form is the form that the join fields previously referenced.
- Select the fields and click OK.
Save the form.
Placement of the field within the view is not important, as its display properties will be updated when the views are imported.
- Repeat for all of the affected join forms.
To import views
Using BMC Remedy Developer Studio, import the views that were exported during the pre-install actions by performing the following steps:
- Choose File > Import.
- When the Import dialog appears, select the View Definitions import source and click Next.
- Select the directory and file name that contains the view definition and click Next.
- Add a check mark in the Import in Place option and click Finish.
- Repeat these steps for all of the affected join forms.