People can be defined as support and non-support staff. This is done from the People form.
Support Staff are typical users of the application. They require a login ID, application permissions, and BMC Remedy AR System licenses, and they must belong to at least one support group.
Non-support users are all other people that work for your company who would require services from your support groups.
Permissions and functional roles determine what people information can be viewed or modified by different users. For example, if you have the permission of Contact People Admin, you can change a person's company or contact information, but not that person's support group association. An individual can have one or many permission sets.
Certain selections that you make on the People form determine whether you need to complete additional information. For example, if you are creating a record for a support person, you must enter a login ID before saving the entry. Also, when creating a record for a new person, you must enter a site for an office-based employee and a home address for a home-based employee.
Always configure people records by opening the BMC Remedy ITSM People form from the Application Administration Console. Information that you add or modify on the BMC Remedy ITSM People form is automatically updated to the BMC Remedy AR System User form, but information updated on the User form is not updated to the People form.
The procedures in this section require you to search for information.
Using Other Functions on the People form
The Other Functions navigation pane for the People form contains the following options:
- Paging System — Enables you to page individuals or the on-call member of a group about the current record. For more information, see .
- View Audit Log — Enables you to view field and notification audits that relate to the request. When certain fields are changed, when the status is changed, or when system notifications are sent, an audit entry is generated to track the modification. To filter the information shown, you can select the Audit Type that you would like to view (for example, All, Status, Location, or Remedy User Information).
- Advanced Search — Enables you to perform searches for people based on specific people child records (such as work information, permission groups, support groups, and support group functional role records). For example, if you want to search for people records with a permission group of Infrastructure Change Config, you would select the Search People Records by Permission Groups option to open a form with the fields from the People form and the People Permission Group form.
Change to Non Support — Use this function to remove support groups and permissions groups for a user. It sets the Support Staff flag to No.
Setting the Support Staff flag to No causes the following changes to the People record:
- The license type is set to Read on the People and the User forms.
- The BMC Atrium CMDB BMC_Person Class People record is updated with the new information.
It also removes the following information from the People record:
- Pager details used for auto pager notifications
- Notification Availability value
- Assignment Availability value
- Approver Mappings for the user
In addition, it makes the following updates related to support groups and roles:
- The user ID is removed from any Support Groups to which it belonged, along with any associations to support groups.
- The support group roles associated with the user ID are removed (along with any associations to related records).
- Remove Login ID — When a person leaves a company or moves to a role within a company that does not require access to BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, you can remove that person's login ID. For more information, see Removing a person's login ID.