Notification system process control
The NTE:SYS-NT Process Control interface form receives notification event requests from BMC Remedy ITSM. The NTE:SYS-NT Process Control interface form processes all notification events, as shown in the figure below.
The NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form is the center of the Notification Engine; it is what initiates a notification.
During an initial submission or update of a record in one of the BMC Remedy IT modules, workflow creates a record in the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form. This record is processed by the escalations listed in the table below.
NTE:SYS-NT Process Control escalations
Processes notifications that are held due to business hours and holiday processing.
Processes group notifications.
Processes individual notifications.
When a new record is created in the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form, filters perform these tasks:
- Verify the notification message exists in the SYS:Notification Messages form and that the message record is enabled.
- Retrieve data from the source form (if the notification was sent from an association form).
- Check business hours, business holidays, and notification preferences for support staff notifications.
- Process on-call group notifications when the On-Call Group Flag is enabled.
- Process group notifications by searching the Group membership table for group notifications.
- Process individual notifications that are coming from the group notifications processing above or that came in directly from an event.
- Process messages by running translation workflow (that is, workflow that replaces tokens within the message text).
If the notification is successfully processed, the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control record is deleted.