Managing custom searches
You can define and save custom searches in the application consoles. Custom searches using advanced qualifications allow you to create searches with very specific search criteria, which you can save for reuse. After you save the custom search, it appears in the My Searches list of the Manage My Searches dialog. It is also listed in My Searches list under the Filter By field.
The My Searches options is listed only after a custom search is defined.
This topic contains the following information:
To define and save a custom search
- At the top of the console, click the icon beside the Filter by field.
- On the Manage My Searches dialog, in the Search Name field type a name for the search.
- Click Build Search Qualification to open the Advanced Qualification Search Builder dialog box, and then define the search qualification.
- From the Keywords or Fields selection boxes, select the keywords or record fields on which you want to search.
To insert operators (+, =, >,<, and so on), click the appropriate operator button. Place literal values between double quotation marks:
- Click Select to close the Advanced Qualification Builder, and then click Save.
- Close the Manage My Searches dialog box.
The search appears in the My Searches list of the Filter by field.
To edit or delete a custom search filter
- At the top of the console, click the icon beside the Filter by field to open the Manage My Searches dialog box.
- Under My Searches, select the search filter that you want to modify or delete.
- To modify the search filter, edit it as necessary and then click Save.
- To delete the search filter, click Delete.
- Click Close.