After you have configured your system for standard operation, you can continue to customize your configuration.
The following table describes the steps for a custom configuration. Depending on the applications that you have installed, all steps might not be applicable or required.
Custom configuration steps
Information to configure
Complete standard configuration
Configure BMC Asset Management:
Configure BMC Change Management:
Configure Foundation options:
Incident Management feature of BMC Service Desk
Problem Management feature of BMC Service Desk
Release Management module
Configure activities and rules
Requester Console module
Applications that integrate with BMC Configuration Automation for Server, Client, and Network
Some of the custom configuration information depends on other existing information already being in place. For this reason, use the Standard Configuration tab to perform as much of the configuration as you can.
Then use the Custom Configuration tab described in this section to complete configuration tasks you cannot complete within the Standard Configuration tab, such as providing configuration information for the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications.
The Custom Configuration tab on the Application Administration Console provides access to all of the forms that you can use to configure BMC Remedy ITSM Suite.
To begin a custom configuration
- Open the Application Administration Console.
- Click the Custom Configuration tab.
Application Administration Console — Custom Configuration tab
- Expand an option in the Application Settings list to view the available options.
- To open configuration forms, perform either of the following tasks:
- Double-click an option in the list.
- Select an option in the list and click Open.
- To perform custom configuration, follow the tasks in the order that they are presented in the previous table.