Creating BMC Remedy AR System user preference records
You must define a BMC Remedy AR System user preference record for each user who needs user preferences for accessing the application from a browser. A user will require a user preference record when, for example, they need to see data using a locale other than English.
When users log in, they specify the report server name in the Preference server field of the Login dialog box.
To add a user preference record
- From IT Home page, open the AR System Administration Console.
- Choose User Preferences > My User Preferences.
- In the Login Name field of the AR System User Preferences form, type the login name of the user for whom you are adding this record.
- In the Short Description field, type any additional information for the user.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Type the name of the BMC Remedy AR System server on which you installed the application (which includes the predefined reports server) in the Report server field.
- If this user needs to view reports from a browser:
- Click the Web tab.
- In the Crystal Report Viewer field, select ActiveX for a Microsoft Internet Explorer browser or HTML with frames for a Firefox or Mozilla browser.
- Click Save.