Configuring the mid tier for BMC Service Request Management
In addition, this form displays information about multi-tenancy settings for the Request Entry console. Use this form to determine if your organization supports multi-tenancy or usage by a single default company.
You can also use this form to determine if your organization allows unknown users to access the Request Entry console to submit service requests. For information, see Allowing unknown users to access the Request Entry console.
Multi-tenancy is how access control to data is enforced in BMC Remedy Service Request Management. For example, when you create an SRD, you either specify which company it belongs to, or you designate it as a "global" SRD. As a result, if the SRD is attached to Calbro Services, for example, only users who belong to Calbro Services can access it. But if the SRD is global, you are allowing any users to see it, regardless of the company to which they belong.
To configure mid tier and multi-tenancy settings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Service Request Management > Advanced > Application Settings, and click Open.
- If Single-Tenancy appears in the Tenancy Mode field on the Application Settings form, specify whether to allow guest users to access the Request Entry console, as follows:
- In the Allow Unknown Users field, select Yes or No.
- If you select Yes, specify the proxy login information.
If Multi-Tenancy appears in the Tenancy Mode field, your organization uses the Company field for access control. You cannot allow guest users to access the system; only users registered in the People form are allowed access. For information, see Allowing unknown users to access the Request Entry console.
- In the Mid Tier Path field, enter the default path of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier using the fully-qualified domain name format, for example:
http://255.255.255.255:8080/arsys http://ccm-five1-vm2.labs.acme.com/arsys http://chardonnay.labs.acme.com:8080/arsys
- Click Save.