Configuring relationships settings for release templates
The values you configure in a release template's Relationships tab are used to provide information for the Relationships tab in the Release form.
To specify a relationship type, you first must save the release template. When you finish defining the release template, open the Release Template form in search mode and locate your release template. You then can configure the relationships settings.
To configure relationships settings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Release Management > Template > Template, then click Open. The Release Template form appears.
- Perform a search for the release template for which to create a relationship.
- Click the Relationships tab.
- In the Request Type field, select Configuration Item.
- Click Search. The CI Relationships Search window appears.
- Enter information in the search criteria tabs, then click Search. The matching results are displayed in the CIs table.
- Select the appropriate CI.
- In the Relationship Type field, select the type of relationship to associate with the release template (for example, Related to).
- Click Relate. When you finish creating the configuration item, a message confirms that the new configuration item you created has been related to the release template.
- Repeat steps 8 through 10 for all the CIs to relate to the release template.
- Close the CI Relationship Search form.
- Click Save.