Configuring manifest settings
You can simplify the process of creating releases by configuring release templates that inherit change and activity templates as part of the release manifest.
When a release template is applied to a release form, for each associated activity template or change template, a new activity request or change request is created in the manifest of the release form on the basis of the selected template.
Only members of the Authoring Group defined on this template can modify this entry.
To configure manifest settings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Release Management > Template> Template, then click Open.
The Release Template form appears.
- Click the Manifest tab.
- Add a change or activity template to the release template manifest:
- From the Request Type list at the bottom of the Manifest tab, select Infrastructure Change Template or Activity Template.
- Click Search.
- From the list displayed, click Select to add the template for your support group to the manifest. Each activity or change template will be allocated an order in the sequence they are added.
- Associate a milestone to the activity template.
- Select the activity template from the table.
- Select the milestone from the list to associate the activity template to that milestone.
When you use the Release Template and create an activity for a milestone, the associated activity templates will be available.
After you have completed the task of assigning required milestones to the activity templates you have added, set their order depending on the milestone they have been associated to.
To modify the order of a activity template, select the template and use the up and down arrow keys to increase or decrease the value of the order. For example, if you have added three activity templates (AT1, AT2 and AT3) which are associated with the Initiate, Planning and Implementation milestones (in that order), the order for AT1, AT2, and AT3 would be set to 1, 2, and 3. You can change this order as required.
The Release template must be saved before you can add change or activity templates to it.
- Click Save.