The first step in standard configuration is to configure a company. Everything else that you configure belongs to this company. You can configure multiple companies if your company is made up of smaller companies that are separate entities. To know the supported company types, see Company types supported.
For each company that you create, you must configure the following data:
- Organizational structure
- Support groups
Optionally, for each company, you can configure other data, such as:
- Product categories
- Operational categories
- Assignment routing
- Approval processes
- Incident scripts, templates, and decision trees
- Change templates
Each of these areas uses global data, unless company-specific data overrides it. The Global company record is part of the core BMC Remedy ITSM Suite installation data and must not be modified. Use the Global company to specify when something, such as a catalog entry, applies to all companies in BMC Remedy ITSM Suite. For example, if you select the Global company in the Product Catalog, you would map a product to all companies instead of one company (or to multiple selected companies).
To configure a company
- On the Standard tab of the Application Administration Console, click Click here to create and configure a new company.
- In the Company dialog box, select or enter a Company name.
- Select or enter a Company Type. If support staff are members of this company, select Operating Company.
- Setting up the Hub and Spoke capability. If you have configured your server as a hub or spoke, you must select the spoke server associated with the company you are configuring. The server that you select determines where the incident, change, and problem records will reside. For more information about hub and spoke, see
- Click Add. A message appears that the company has been created. After you click OK, the company is selected on the Standard Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console.
- Repeat 2 through 4 until you have added all the companies you want.
- When you are finished adding companies, click Close.
Understanding companies and organizations video
Although the concepts and procedures presented in this video are correct, the user interfaces shown are not current.