Configuring BMC SLM dashboards
Dashboards allow you to see categorized agreement and service target information in a summarized, visual format that makes it easy to discern the general health of your agreements and their related service targets. In addition, by using dashboards, you can easily determine:
- The direct and indirect costs of agreements that are out of compliance.
- The relationships between agreements and service targets. This allows users to determine which service targets have affected compliance by missing the defined service target goals, as well as when the goals were missed.
- Historical compliance and goal information used to calculate compliance and service target status over defined review periods.
- Service target status and impact costs applied to service targets that miss the goals defined for the service target.
- The reason that an agreement was not compliant. In addition to showing the status and underlying service target measurements used to calculate the status, users can also attach comments to agreement status calculations that can be viewed in dashboards as well as in a report. This allows users to document why an agreement might not have met expectations.
To configure dashboards
- Open the Application Administration Console, and click the Custom Configuration tab.
- In the navigation tree, select Service Level Management > Configure Application Settings > Preferences.
- Click Open.
The SLM:ConfigPreferences form appears.
- In the Dashboards section, use the MidTier field to type the name of the server on which the mid tier is installed. If the mid tier is using a web server port that is different from the default port number of 80, append the port number to the server name. See the example in the following note.
You must specify the web server port number only if the mid tier is installed to use a web server port number that is different from the default port number of 80. Specify the mid tier location so that it ends with a slash. For example: http://<servername>:<portnumber>/.
- If you want current agreement compliance information to also appear in the dashboard agreement table (by default, this table shows historical information), select Yes for the Show Current Info In Customer Dashboard option.
- If you select Yes, a check box appears in the Customer dashboard that controls whether the current compliance records appear in the agreement table along with the historical information.
- If you do not select Yes, you can see only the historical compliance calculation records in the agreement table.