Configuring BMC Helix Cognitive Automation
Configuring BMC Helix Cognitive Automation on your system is an easy process.
- Obtain appropriate license for using BMC Helix Cognitive Automation.
- Contact BMC and obtain the URL, username, and password required to configure cognitive service.
- Use the URL and credentials to configure the cognitive service.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have obtained the appropriate license to use BMC Helix Cognitive Automation. To get information about product license, contact your BMC Sales Representative.
- Ensure that your Remedy stack on your server is upgraded to:
- BMC Remedy ITSM version 18.08 or later
- BMC Remedy AR System version 18.08 or later
- Remedy with Smart IT version 18.08 or later
- Ensure that you have configured the Apply-Cognitive-For-Categorization parameter in Centralized Configuration for the Component Type value com.bmc.arsys.smartit. For detailed step-by-step procedure, see in Remedy with Smart IT online documentation.
- You have the Cognitive Service Config permission. For information about this permission, see BMC Helix Cognitive Automation permissions.
To obtain the URL and credentials required to configure Cognitive Service
The cognitive service URL, username, and password are essential to configure this service on your system. The URL and credentials are provided as part of the activation process in the activation notification that is sent to the user and also available with the Business Relationship Manager. Ensure that you enter Innovation Suite username and password.
To configure cognitive service
- Navigate to Application Administration Console > Custom Configuration > Foundation > Advanced Options > Cognitive Service Configuration.
- On the Cognitive Data Setup form, click the Cognitive Service Setup link.
The Cognitive Service Connection Settings form opens.
- Enter the field values for User Name, Password, and Cognitive Service URL.
The URL and credentials are provided as part of the activation process in the activation notification that is sent to the user and also available with the Business Relationship Manager. Ensure that you enter Innovation Suite username and password.
- Select Yes for Enable Cognitive Service.
- Select the option from the Apply Cognitive For Categorization list.
No: the Cognitive Service does not populate category and the user can manually select a category.
Show Recommendation: while creating a ticket, the Recommendation option is available to populate relevant category.
Apply Automatically: while creating a ticket from Smart Recorder, the relevant category is applied, automatically using Cognitive Service. You can see the Recommendation option as well.
- Select Apply Automatically from the Apply Cognitive For Template list for applying relevant template to a ticket that is created using an email sent by a user.
- After you save the settings, click Test Connection to check whether the cognitive service is configured on your system.
If cognitive service is succesfully configured, the following message is displayed:
Connection Successful (ARNOTE 10000)
If the system encounters problems while configuring the service, it responds with an error.
- If the system fails to configure the service due to an error, check the error details in the arextension.log file in ARSysteminstalldirectory\Arserver\Db and re-enter the correct values on the form.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6.