Adding business hours and holidays
You can view and modify the hours of operation for each support group on the Business Hours and Holidays tab of the Support Group form. Support group business hours and holidays are used to determine when group notifications are sent and they are also used in effort log tracking, which uses actual and business hours to calculate the effort for the people to which incidents are assigned.
To add business hours and holidays
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Organizational Structures > Support Groups, and then click Open. The Support Group form appears.
- Search for the support group.
- Select the support group, and then click the Business Hours and Holidays tab.
- In the Business Hours area, click Update. The Define Business Hours form appears.
To select the time zone for the BMC Remedy AR System server, click Server Time Zone.
To set the server time zone, you must first specify the time zone by using the Time Zone form.
- Enter the start and end times or click the 7 X 24 or Default button, and then click Save. The business hours that you specified appear on the Business Hours and Holidays tab.
Business Hours and Holidays tab showing business hours added
- Click Update in the Business Holidays section of the tab. The Business Holidays Definition dialog box is displayed.
On the Business Holidays Definition dialog box, click Server Time Zone to select the time zone for the BMC Remedy AR System server. Use the same time zone that you set in Setting a time zone.
Business hours are expressed according to the Server Time Zone. For example, if the Server Time Zone is set to GMT, then 9:00 a.m. in the Central Time Zone, North America appears as 3:00 p.m.
- In the Holiday field, enter a holiday date.
- Click Add, and then enter the remaining holidays.
- When you have entered all holidays, click Close.
- On the Business Hours and Holidays tab of the Support Group form, click Save and then click Close.