Adding alternate approver information
From the Alternate Approvers tab of the People form, you can set up one or more people to approve change requests, release requests, purchase requisitions, and so on, that are pending your approval.
You can configure alternate approvers for people who have not set up alternates by going to the Alternates tab in the AP:Administrator form and assigning alternates.
To add alternate approver information for yourself
- From the Applications menu, select Administrator Console > Application Administration Console.
- Click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > People > People, and then click Open. The People form appears.
- Search for yourself.
- Select your record, and then click the Alternate Approvers tab.
- Click Update Alternate Approvers. The Alternate Approvers form appears.
- To locate the alternate approver, click Search.
- In the People Search form, select the alternate approver, and then click Select.
- Select the start date and the end date.
- In the Notify Alternate field, select whether to notify the alternate approver. If you choose to notify the alternate approver, the person is notified of the assignment.
- In the Covering field, select whether this is an alternate for all approvals or only for a specific process.
- If you selected Specific Process in the Covering field, select the applicable process in the Process field. For example, Major Account Level Approval.
- Click Add.