This function is used to configure general and BMC Remedy AR System settings.
To modify system settings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation> Advanced Options> System Configuration Settings - System Settings, and then click Open. The System Settings form appears.System Settings form
- To enable the capability to define unique prefixes for records, select Enable User Defined Prefix.
This option is used in a distributed environment in which records are generated by two or more servers and duplicate records might be generated. When you select this option, you also have to define the unique prefix as described in Configuring forms to use DSO unique prefixes. For example, by default incident records are prefixed with INC (INC000000314355). You might want to configure another server to create incident records with a prefix of IMT (IMT000000314355) to avoid duplicate records.
- To restrict a user's access to only one company's information, select Single-Tenancy in the Tenancy Mode field, and then select the company to which the user should have access. This restriction is useful, for example, if you have outsourced some IT functions in your organization and want to restrict a third-party vendor to information that belongs to them.
To see the attachment icon on the ticket form, select the Enable Attachment option.
To provide ticket data access to individuals and support groups referenced on a ticket, in the Applications Permission Model field, select Support Group. To provide ticket data access to individuals, support groups, and companies relevant to a ticket, select Support Group and Company in the Applications Permission Model field.
Upgrade to 9.1.02 from the following versions of BMC Remedy ITSM Default value set for the Applications Permissions Model field 9.0.00 or an older version Support Group and Company 9.1.00 or 9.1.01 Support Group
- Make any other changes, and then click Save.
For information on completing the Enable Notification via Twitter, Enable RSS feed, and Enable Chat fields, see Enabling chat, Twitter notifications, and RSS feeds.
- To give individuals access to information in BMC Remedy ITSM, you must give them access to specified companies or select Yes for the Unrestricted Access field on the Login/Access Details of the People form.
The Openfire Chat plug-in of Remedy AR System works only on browser versions that support Adobe Flash. We recommend to use Smart IT Openfire Chat for agent to agent communication.