Notification system process control
The NTE:SYS-NT Process Control interface form receives notification event requests from BMC Remedy ITSM. The NTE:SYS-NT Process Control interface form processes all notification events, as shown in the figure below.
The NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form is the center of the Notification Engine; it is what initiates a notification.
During an initial submission or update of a record in one of the BMC Remedy IT modules, workflow creates a record in the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form. This record is processed by the escalations listed in the table below.
NTE:SYS-NT Process Control escalations
Processes notifications that are held due to business hours and holiday processing.
The escalation interval can be changed to send the notifications faster.
Processes group notifications.
Processes individual notifications.
When a new record is created in the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form, filters perform these tasks:
- Verify the notification message exists in the SYS:Notification Messages form and that the message record is enabled.
- Retrieve data from the source form (if the notification was sent from an association form).
- Check business hours, business holidays, and notification preferences for support staff notifications.
- Process on-call group notifications when the On-Call Group Flag is enabled.
- Process group notifications by searching the Group membership table for group notifications.
- Process individual notifications that are coming from the group notifications processing above or that came in directly from an event.
- Process messages by running translation workflow (that is, workflow that replaces tokens within the message text).
If the notification is successfully processed, the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control record is deleted.