The Remedy ITSM Notification Engine provides a back-end workflow model for defining which notifications should be sent, based on events in the application. To configure notifications, the primary option provided with the Remedy ITSM Suite is exposed on the People form for support staff. Additional behind the scenes configuration is available through back-end forms, but you must understand how all of the pieces fit together before attempting these types of changes.
The Notification Engine provides the following primary functions:
- Determines notification recipients (group or individual)
- Specifies the notification text
- Initiates the notification delivery (email notifications for desktop clients and push notifications for mobile clients)
- Logs the notification details
For more information about the Notification Engine, see Notification Engine configurations.
The BMC Remedy ITSM notification subsystem is available to all BMC Remedy ITSM applications and is connected to the BMC Remedy Email Engine provided with BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System).
Notification Engine architecture
The following major components make up the notification subsystem architecture:
- System Events and Message Catalog --- Defines notification events and notification text
- System process control --- Processes each notification event received from various BMC Remedy ITSM modules
- Notification interface --- Sends the formatted notification (alert, email, mobile)
- Notification audit --- Audits each notification that is visible from the Remedy ITSM modules
- Configuration settings and user preferences --- Manages system default notifications and user notification preferences.