Deleting BMC Atrium CMDB attributes copied to AST:Attributes
Upgrading from a pre-8.0 version of BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) requires a significant data model change and movement of data from the BMC Atrium CMDB to BMC Remedy ITSM. During upgrade to BMC Remedy ITSM 8.0 or later, a new table structure for the BMC Remedy ITSM attributes is created and lifecycle data is copied from the BMC Atrium CMDB to BMC Remedy ITSM AST:Attributes form and a workflow is introduced to keep the data synchronized. For details, see Changes to the BMC Atrium CMDB for BMC Remedy ITSM.
After upgrading to BMC Remedy ITSM 9.1.02, you can manually delete CMDB attributes by running the DeleteCMDBAttributesUtility that is available in the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite installation directory. The utility deletes the attributes and the workflow implemented in BMC Atrium CMDB.
Before you delete the BMC Atrium CMDB attributes, consider the following:
- Atrium Web Services do not work for moved attributes.
- CMDB data using Atrium Integrator cannot populate data for moved attributes.
- Reconciliation Engine and Normalization Engine rules do not work if the moved attributes were used in those rules.
Before you begin
- Ensure that all the BMC Atrium CMDB attributes are copied to AST:Attributes.
- Remove custom fields to avoid failures with deleting attributes. For information on identifying field customizations, see Finding whether and where fields are used in the system.
- For attributes that remain in BMC Atrium CMDB, see BMC Remedy ITSM attributes that remain in the BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Ensure that the following environment variables are specified:
- Path variable is set to <JAVA_HOME>\bin
- ATRIUMCORE_HOME and BMC_AR_SERVER_HOME are set to BMC Atrium Core and BMC Remedy AR System home directories, respectively.
C:\Program Files\BMCSoftware\ARSystem, respectively.
- (On UNIX) For cmdbdriver, add the path of the directory containing shared libraries (such as libcmdbapi91_lx64.so) to "LD_LIBRARY_PATH".
- Ensure you have permissions to execute the .bat, .sh, or .jar file contained in the DeleteCMDBAttributesUtility:
For Windows, use DeleteAttributesAndWorkflows.bat
For Linux and Solaris, use DeleteAttributesAndWorkflows.sh
To delete attributes and workflows on BMC Atrium CMDB
Go to <InstallDirectory>\BMCRemedyITSMSuite\Utilities, open the DeleteAttributesAndWorkflows.bat or DeleteAttributesAndWorkflows.sh, and update the following parameters based on the values specified for them in your environment:
On the command prompt, type the following command:
Running the utility deletes the attributes and associated workflows from BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Verify whether the attributes are deleted from the BMC_CORE:BMC_BaseElement form.
- Verify whether the following workflows are deleted:
- In the SHARE:Application_Properties form, verify whether the phase property for Application ID "RA00C04FA081BAydPrRwNkQKqAbOMA" is set to "3-Complete".