Configuring the Distributed Server Option (DSO) Service for BMC Remedy ITSM
As an administrator, you can implement the BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option (BMC Remedy DSO) with the following applications in the Remedy ITSM:
- BMC Asset Management application
- BMC Change Management application
- BMC Service Desk solution (which includes the Incident Management and the Problem Management features)
The applications run in conjunction with the BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) server and share a common database. All applications use data from the BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB) application. Making the configuration changes described in this section helps your forms transition smoothly to a new distributed environment.
Before you begin
Before attempting the procedures in this section, you should be familiar with distributed server operations. For information about BMC Remedy DSO, see .
Configuring and implementing DSO
- Configuring forms to use DSO unique prefixes
- DSO implementation with BMC Remedy ITSM applications
- BMC Remedy ITSM regular forms as a DSO reference
- DSO forms reference