Automatically synchronizing BMC Remedy AR System users to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
The BMC Remedy Smart Reporting Onboarding utility allows you to add BMC Remedy AR System users having Fixed, Floating, or Bundled license type and
Current status to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting. The BMC Remedy Smart Reporting User Sync utility maintains an automated synchronization between BMC Remedy AR System user data and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting. The User Sync utility also synchronizes the Timezone of the user from the User Preference form of Remedy AR System to Remedy Smart Reporting.
Using the Java component, the user sync utility creates jobs to sync updates made the BMC Remedy AR System user and People form. Whenever an add, modify, or delete operation is performed on the BMC Remedy AR System User or People form, a corresponding job is triggered to be run at a scheduled time, for a particular customer. The job schedule is controlled by the
RSR:UserSync escalation that is run every 12 hours, and checks for any synchronization requests. You can change the job frequency by changing the value of this escalation.
The user sync utility uses the First name and Last name from the People form.
From version 18.05, when a user is deleted from the BMC Remedy AR System User or People form, if this user has any private reports in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting, the user sync utility does not delete this user from BMC Remedy Smart Reporting and a warning message is displayed in the smartreporting.log file located in the <ARSystemInstallDir>/ARServer/Db directory. You must change the ownership of the private reports and manually delete this user from BMC Remedy Smart Reporting. For more information, see Delete user.
For the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting user sync utility to work correctly, make sure that:
- The onboarding process completed successfully
- The email ID for each user is unique
- The Reporting Server OrgName on the Report Server Details are the same as the customer defined during the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting onboarding process.
When the Company of a user is modified in BMC Remedy ITSM, the user sync utility does not update this information in the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting client organization of the company.
You must log on to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting as a reporting super administrator, usually siadmin, manually delete the user from the original company client organization, and then manually add the user to the new company client organization.
Changing the frequency of the user sync job
- Log in to BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Select the workspace.
- Enter the BMC Remedy AR System server user name and password.
- From the File menu, select Switch Mode. Click OK on both alerts displayed.
- In the left pane, expand All Objects, and open Escalations.
- Under Filtering Options, select Name from the first and Contains from the second drop-down list.
- Type RSR in the text box and press Enter.
- From the search results, open the
- Under Execution Options, select the Days, Hours, and Minutes as per your requirement.
Viewing the status of the user sync job
Verify that there are no error messages in the smartreporting.log file located in the <ARSystemInstallDir>/ARServer/Db directory.