Adding additional work information about a person
You can add additional work information about a person on the Work Info tab of the People form. This information can be added to record changes you make to the people record and acts as a change history.
To add work information
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > People > People, and then click Open.
The People form appears.
- Search for the person.
- Select the person, and then click the Work Info tab.
- In the Work Info Type field, select a type, such as Mailing List, General Information, or People Task.
- In the Date field, click the button to the right of the field to select a date.
If you leave this field blank, the current date is used.
- In the Source field, select the communications source, such as Email, Fax, Phone, or Voice Mail.
- In the Summary field, enter a short description for the Work Info entry.
- In the Details field, enter the complete description for the Work Info entry.
- To add an attachment:
- Right-click under the File Name header, and then choose Add.
- Navigate to the location of the file.
- Select the file, and then click Open to attach the file.
You can attach a maximum of three files. For the Locked option, select *Yes* to prevent the Work Info entry from being modified after it has been saved.
- Set the view access of the work information to be viewable by people internal to the company this person belongs to or by all people.
The entry is added to the Work Info History table. To view an existing entry, select the entry in the Work Info History table and click View.