Applying a license to your application
When you create an application, you can set your application as requiring a license. Setting the application as requiring a license protects your IP so that only licensed users can use the application. After an application is deployed, it is available to all the users. When the application requires a license, only those users with an appropriate license can see and use the application. The users without a license cannot log in to the application or see it in BMC Helix Innovation Studio, and therefore cannot customize it.
After you apply a license to the application, you cannot revoke the license for that application.
Setting a BMC or partner application for unlimited users
When licensing an application, you can set the
-DenforceEndUserLicenses parameter in the Maven command to one of the following values:
- True—Individual end user licenses is enforced.
- False—Individual end user licenses is not enforced.
The default value of the
-DenforceEndUserLicenses parameter is True.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have created and customized the application. For more information, see Setting up the environment to develop a code-based application.
To license an application
- Navigate to the <artifactId> directory that is the parent folder.
Run the following command:
mvn com.bmc.arsys:rx-sdk-maven-plugin:license -N -DappAuthorType=Number -DenforceEndUserLicenses=true/false
and specify either of the following values for application AuthorType (-DappAuthorType) and End user Licenses (-DenforceEndUserLicenses) parameters:
Application type Value for -DappAuthorType Value for -DenforceEndUserLicenses BMC application 1
- True—If you want the administrator to assign individual licenses to the users. This setting means that end-user licenses are enforced for the application.
- False—If you do not want the administrator to assign individual licenses to the users. This setting means that end-user licenses are not enforced for the application.
Partner application 2 Custom application 3 Not applicable. The combination of the -DappAuthorType 3 and -DenforceEndUserLicenses false is invalid for custom applications.
Where to go from here
Deploying the custom code-based applications to development environments
Log in or register to comment.