Creating a view for localized field values
You can use the Localize Text element in a view definition to design a user interface to create or edit values of a localizable text field.
To create a view for localized field values
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Workspace tab.
- Select the application for which you want to create a view.
- Click the Views tab and then select New > Container.
- In the new view definition, from the Palette, drag the Localize Text element to the Record Editor component.
- In the Properties pane, specify the properties such as field name, display label and so on.
- Click Save.
A view definition is created that enables a user to create or edit field values at run time in the localizable field by clicking the Localize link. For example, see the following image that shows a sample view created with Department as the localizable field:
The view definition displays the Department field values based on the user's current locale. If locale values are not defined, Department field values from the default locale are shown.