Adding text annotation in processes
A text annotation provides additional information about a process or an individual element in a process. You can use text annotation to describe complex tasks, terminologies, more information about tasks, and so on. Text annotations help the user to understand and perform a process smoothly. A text annotation is used for information purpose only and is not involved in any kind of process function or activity.
An example of a text annotation is shown in the following image:
Text annotations are different from help text. Text annotation is visible to the one using the process, whereas help text is visible to the one who designs the process.
- Application business analysts can customize the objects developed in their own applications and that are marked customizable by the administrator, but cannot customize the objects developed in com.bmc.arsys in Best Practice Customization mode. For example, objects in core BMC applications like Foundation, Approval, and Assignment cannot be customized in Best Practice Customization mode.
To add text annotations to a process, perform the following steps:
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studioand navigate to the Workspace tab.
- Select the application in which your process exists.
- In the application, click Processes tab.
- Click the process name that you want to modify.
The system opens Process designer and displays the process diagram on the canvas.
- Drag and drop the Annotations element to the canvas, enter the description that you want to provide for an element or the process, and enter the location and size of the element.
- Click Save.