Using SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER
You can maintain your BMC products by using IBM SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER.
SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER simplifies ordering and retrieving BMC service updates, either on-demand or through your scheduler. Using RECEIVE ORDER, you can:
- Request a corrective or preventive service that encompasses any of the following areas:
- All—All SYSMODs (PTFs and APARs)
APARS—Authorized program analysis reports
SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER accepts an APAR request but does not deliver any associated PTF maintenance. To retrieve a specific PTF maintenance, you must submit the PTF RECEIVE ORDER request.
Critical—All PTFs that resolve High Impact or Pervasive (HIPER) or PTF-in-error (PE) conditions
- HOLDDATA—Enhanced HOLDDATA
- PTFS—Program temporary fixes
Recommended—Current RSL level PTFs and all PTFs that are resolved or that resolve HIPER or PE conditions
As of June 15, 2020 (see technical bulletin ID 922), BMC only publishes PTFs that are in verified status (VER).
- Automate the service (via your scheduler) by running JCL on a recurring basis to identify service needs.
- Apply the system modifications (SYSMODs) to the appropriate zone.
We provide the following methods for using RECEIVE ORDER: