Generating configuration jobs
During the configuration process, the Installation System creates a runtime environment from which you run your products. Runtime data sets contain information copied from one or more of the SMP/E target libraries. The Installation System uses your specifications to generate configuration jobs for the products that you are installing. The names of the configuration jobs begin with $2nn through $9nn.
The Installation System displays panels that are applicable to the product being installed. The following BMC products for IMS do not have configuration tasks associated with them. These products do have required customization tasks. Customization refers to tasks that you perform outside of the Installation System to complete product implementation. For information about those tasks, see .
- APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL for DB2, APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL for IMS, and APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL for VSAM (Instead, use the AR/CTL Install System (AESIS) as described in .)
- Log Analyzer for IMS
- Partitioned Database Facility for IMS (Instead, see the installation information in the AR/CTL release notes.)
- DELTA IMS for DBCTL
- DELTA IMS VIRTUAL TERMINAL
- DELTA IMS DB/DC
- DELTA PLUS
- DELTA PLUS VIRTUAL TERMINAL
- EXTENDED TERMINAL ASSIST PLUS
- LOCAL COPY PLUS
- Message Advisor for IMS
The following figure depicts the configuration process. For more information, use the links in the table below the figure.
|Generate the installation jobs||Generating installation jobs|
|Specify information for runtime data sets||Specifying runtime data set information|
|Specify configuration information||Specifying product configuration information|
|Specify JCL for configuration jobs||Specifying JCL values for generated configuration jobs|
|Generate configuration jobs||Generating the configuration JCL|
|Run the generated jobs||Running the generated jobs|