Gaining full access to BMC Support Central
After processing your product order, BMC sends an order detail email, which contains your Support Contract ID and password.
Is registered per company
Can apply to one or more products
Is used by one or more persons to obtain a Support Central account with a unique Support ID and password
You use a Support ID to:
Download product installation files
Receive product support, including opening cases
Access product documentation
Access the Knowledge Base
If you register with a temporary Contract ID, you also have to register the permanent Contract ID.
If you cannot locate your Contract ID or encounter a problem during registration, submit a request to Customer_Care@bmc.com, using your company email address. Include Support Contract ID in the subject line. Provide your name and your company's name (including alternative names that might apply to your company—for example, due to a name change or acquisitions in recent years).
To obtain a Support ID
- In a web browser, go to Support Central and select Register.
The Create BMC Account/Profile dialog is displayed.
- Select Are you a current/future BMC Customer?.
The dialog expands with identification fields.
- Complete the required fields (marked with an asterisk).
- Select Access to BMC Support.
The dialog expands with contract fields.
- Supply your Support Contract credentials and click Validate.
You will receive an activation email.
- Activate your account according to the instructions in the activation email.
You will receive an email verifying your account activation.