Documentation for the Installation System is available in several types, formats, and locations.
Types of documentation
- Online panel text briefly describes the panel’s purpose and what to do with the panel.
- Online Help provides more detail about the panel’s purpose, describes each field, and explains the available commands.
- The Installation System online documentation contains detailed information for using the Installation System.
- Quick Course videos explain particular features of the Installation System.
- Release notes describe what is new in each release of the Installation System and describe outstanding issues.
- Technical bulletins and flashes describe problems, fixes, or changes that are identified between releases.
Documentation is provided online via the BMC Online Technical Documentation portal, as PDF files, and as videos.
You can find documentation in the following locations:
|A - Z Supported Product List|
A list of all BMC products and solutions
When you select a product and a version, the corresponding page contains:
|BMC Online Technical Documentation portal|
Web-based information that contains the following documentation for BMC MainView products, most BMC products for the IBM DB2 environment, and most BMC products for the IBM IMS environment:
The documentation portal is password protected for the following documentation and is open for all other documentation:
A list of Quick Courses alphabetized by product name
This list of Quick Courses is not password protected and does not contain Quick Courses that include proprietary information. The Quick Course Library on the BMC Documentation Center contains links to all Quick Courses.