Monitoring digital experience use case
Digital Experience Monitoring provides visibility into end-to-end transaction time and a breakdown of application usage and page performance for your web-based applications so that you can quickly detect and respond when users experience issues.
- Application usage data provides you with distinct session and page view details so that you can understand and manage page usage.
- End-user data provides end-to-end transaction time and enables you to identify problematic parts of a web page.
You can monitor you end-user digital experience, such as the duration of page navigation elements, as shown in the following diagram. For more information about these and other metrics, see End-user experience performance metrics.
Digital experience metrics for page navigation
The web-application specialist wants real-time visibility into end-user transactions that show what customers are experiencing. The specialist wants an accurate way to measure usage, performance, and availability.
Set up data collection
Analyze event data to determine correlation
- Visualize real time monitoring-as-a-service for web applications and detect abnormalities
- Monitor the experience of your end users from the browser and through metrics based on discrete backend processes
- Understand and manage page usage data with distinct session and page view details