Installing the meter on Windows
To get the API token
Your organization's account has a unique API token that must be used for authentication while sending data to TrueSight Intelligence.
The TrueSight Intelligence API key for your account is available in the . Navigate to My Account > Product Security.
To install the meter on Windows
The Windows MSI package requires access to
windows.truesight.bmc.com via port 443.
- Download the installer for your Operating System.
For Windows 64-bit, download https://windows.truesight.bmc.com/x86_64/truesight-meter-current.msi
For Windows 32-bit, download https://windows.truesight.bmc.com/i686/truesight-meter-current.msi
- Run the installer based on your Operating System.
- Navigate through each step of the installation wizard and click Next.
- Enter the API token for your TrueSight Intelligence account.
- Enter an Application ID to associate all data sent to TrueSight Intelligence with an App.
- Click Start > Run and type services.msc to open the Services applet and verify that the TrueSight Meter instance is visible and running.
- The default metrics collected for the host on which you installed the meter will be available in the user interface. For more information, see Built-in server metrics collected by the meter.
- Configure the meter plugins to get data from various sources. For more information, see Using meter plugins to collect data.
Several plugins require node.js and npm packages; some plugins require Python 2.7.x runtime. We recommend that you install both of them before installing any plugins to minimize occurrence of any problems. For more information, see instructions for Node.js installation using package manager.