Publishing or using flows
You can publish a personal flow to the BMC Helix Integration Studio catalog to enable this flow to be used as a template by other users in the company. By using a published catalog flow as a template for your personal flow, you can avoid the process of designing a flow from scratch.
To publish a personal flow
If you publish a personal flow, a copy of your flow is added to the catalog. You can still use the original flow without any visibility or impact to other users. The published version of the flow does not inherit any profile information or user credentials from the personal flow.
- In BMC Helix Integration Studio, go to My Flows.
- Select the flow that you want to publish.
- Select Actions > Publish.
The Publish Options window appears:
- (Optional) Choose the condition values that will be included as a part of the published flow.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Choose the mapping values that will be included as part of the published flow.
- Click Publish.
To use a catalog flow
- In BMC Helix Integration Studio, go to Catalog.
- Select the flow that you want to use.
- Next to the flow title, click Use This Flow.
- (Optional) Fill in the required trigger conditions.
- (Optional) Change the flow level.
- Click Next.
Select the values for all required mappings, and then click OK.
The flow is successfully used and appears on the My Flows page.
After you use a catalog flow, on the Catalog page, you can rate the flow and leave a comment about it, as shown in the following example:
To remove a flow from the catalog
- In BMC Helix Integration Studio, go to Catalog > Flows.
- Next to the required catalog flow, clear the Enable Usage check box.
The flow is removed from the catalog.
- (Optional) If you want to permanently delete the flow, click Edit, and then click the deletion icon.