Publishing or using flows
Publishing flows is a part of designing flows process.
Both end users and administrators can publish their personal flows to the Catalog to allow their flows to be used as templates by other users in the company. End users can avoid creating personal flows by using the existing catalog flows.
To publish a personal flow
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Studio.
- Click My Flows, and choose the flow that you want to publish.
- Select Actions > Publish.
The Publish Options window appears:
- Modify conditions (if needed), and click Next.
- Modify field mappings (if needed), and click Next.
- Click Publish.
The confirmation message appears: The Flow has been published.
When you publish a personal flow, a copy of your flow is added to the Catalog. You can still use the original flow without any visibility or impact to other users. The published version of the flow does not inherit any profile information or user credentials from the personal flow.
To use a catalog flow
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Studioas an end user, and click Catalog.
- Choose an appropriate flow, and click Use This Flow.
- Fill in the required trigger conditions (if needed), and click Next.
Select the values for all required mappings, and click OK.
While using a catalog flow, you can change the flow level by selecting the Tenant Level option in the Flow Level list. For more information, see Adding or copying flows.
The confirmation message appears: Flow successfully used.
After you use a catalog flow, you can rate it and leave a comment for it.