Generating custom schema for connectors
As the BMC Helix Integration Studio administrator, you can generate a custom schema for a connector by importing custom fields to the connector configuration.
The term custom field refers to a customer-created field that is added to an application schema to meet a specific business need. For example, customers who use both JIRA and Remedyforce can have a custom Remedyforce Incident ID field for the mapping purposes. In this case, the imported JIRA custom fields overwrite the default JIRA schema in BMC Helix Integration Studio, so that the Remedyforce Incident ID field can be accessed while a flow is created or updated.
You can also use a custom schema to apply configuration-specific transformations of the mapped fields while creating a flow. For more information about configuration-specific transformations, see Transforming mapped fields.
You can generate a custom schema for the following connectors:
- CA Agile Central
- JIRA Service Desk
- Remedy ITSM
- Salesforce Service Cloud
For more information about these connectors, see Out-of-the-box connectors.
To generate a custom schema
- In BMC Helix Integration Studio, navigate to Catalog > Connectors.
Select a required connector, and then expand the connector pane at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to Custom Fields.
- Add a connector configuration and a user account (if required).
- Perform either of the following actions:
- If you are generating the custom schema for this connector for the first time, click Generate.
- If you are generating the custom schema for this connector after it was previously generated, click Regenerate, as shown in the following example:
After the schema generation is complete, the new schema's creation date appears in the Creation date column. You can use this schema to design flows.
To refresh custom fields for existing flows
Refresh the custom fields to apply a custom schema to an existing flow in the following cases:
- If a custom schema for a connector in a flow is generated after the flow is created (the flow initially uses a default schema).
- If a custom schema for a connector in a flow is regenerated, and some of the custom fields are removed in the regenerated schema.
To refresh the custom fields for an existing flow:
In BMC Helix Integration Studio, navigate to My Flows and select a flow that uses a connector with an updated custom schema.
The Refresh Schema indication sign is displayed for the flows that need to be refreshed.
- In the flow profile, select Actions > Refresh Schema.
- Confirm the action.
The updated custom schema is applied to the flow.