Deploying connectors to the Helix Integration Service production site
As a developer, after you design, build, and test a custom connector, deploy this connector to a production instance. Before deploying a connector, make sure that this connector is tested, the bugs are addressed, and all the required connector information is added. After you deploy a connector, it is listed in BMC Helix Integration Studio under Catalog > Connectors.
Before you begin
- Your production instance must be running Integration Controller on an on-premises, physical Linux server.
- The Integration Controller must be configured to start and deploy the connectors. For more information about configuring the Integration Controller, see Installing and setting up the connector development environment.
- If you are accessing BMC Helix Connector Designer or BMC Helix Integration Studio from behind a firewall, ensure that the firewall has access to https://npm.integrate.bmc.com. The firewall on the production and development site must also have access. This is required to download the node_modules published by BMC when you deploy the connector.
To deploy a connector
If you change a name of an existing connector in BMC Helix Connector Designer, and then deploy the updated connector to a production instance in BMC Helix Integration Studio, a new connector is created instead of updating the existing one. The existing connector is not modified and is available in BMC Helix Integration Studio.
To open BMC Helix Connector Designer in your browser, navigate to https://localhost:3000/ and log in
Name Description Instance URL
The URL of your production instance. For example,
Important: Make sure you remove any trailing slashes ( / ) at the end of the URL.
Username The username that you are going to use to log in to the production instance. Password The password to your user account. Site
Select the production site from the list. To view the sites defined in BMC Helix Integration Studio, click.
For more information about sites, see Installing and configuring sites to run on-premises connectors.
To save the updated credentials of BMC Helix Integration Studio, click Save.
To save the updated credentials and start the BMC Helix Integration Studio production site, click Start.
Click Connectors, select the connector you want to deploy, and then click.
To deploy the connector to your production environment, on the Deploy tab, click Deploy.
After the deployment confirmation message is displayed, open BMC Helix Integration Studio to install or upgrade the connector.
- Add or update the connector configuration and then complete the deployment.
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Studio.
- Select Catalog > Connectors and then select the connector that you deployed. To add or update connector configuration, perform one of the following steps:
- To complete the deployment, perform one of the following actions:
- Click Install if you are deploying the first version of the connector.
- Click Upgrade if you are deploying the updated version of the connector.
To make a connector accessible to end users, on the Connectors page, select the Enable Usage check box next to a connector.
Where to go from here
After you have deployed your connector, configure the connector and create flows by using the connector in BMC Helix Integration Studio. For more information about configuring connectors, see Configuring connectors.