Adding or updating a configuration
A tenant administrator creates one or more configurations and accounts for a connector, so that the connector can communicate with a third-party system. A connector configuration contains information about the third-party system and a set of settings that enable the use of the connector.
To add a connector configuration
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Studio as a tenant administrator.
- Select Catalog > Connectors, and then select the connector for which you want to add a configuration.
Click the connector pane (black ribbon with the selected connector's name) at the bottom of the screen to expand it.
Navigate to Configuration and click Add Connection Configuration.
In the Add Connection Configuration window, perform the following steps:
Field Description Example Name Enter a unique configuration name. JIRA production Description Enter a description of the configuration. Production instance of JIRA Site
Select the site to be connected to the connector. The site specifies where the service is hosted and includes information required by the connector to operate.
Cloud Number of instances
Enter the number of instances of the connector that you want to run at the selected site. This helps you to scale up when a large number of flows is running by using the same configuration.
1 Selected by default Select this field to make the connector configuration the default configuration, especially if you have multiple connector configurations. Enabled Enable usage Select this check box to enable the connector. Enabled Url Provide the connector-specific URL. https://jira.bmc.com:443
- The connection details may differ for different connectors.
- If a connector does not need additional connection details to connect to the third-party system, no additional connection details are requested.
- Save the configuration.
To update a connector configuration
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Studio.
- Select Catalog > Connectors, and then select the connector for which you want to update a configuration.
Expand the connector pane, and navigate to Configuration.
Select the configuration that you want to update.
- Modify the details and save the changes.