Innovation Suite helps you to build your own applications with the help of different designer consoles, deploy them for the end users of these applications, and manage or configure them. The Innovation Studio helps you establish data requirements, expose fields for your user interface, and implement complex powerful business processes.
Innovation Studio is based on a Model View Controller pattern, which helps you to separate database tables, business logic, and user interface. You can upload the Digital Service applications and libraries developed in Innovation Studio in a central repository, called Marketplace, from where other developers can download them for reuse.
Innovation Suite provides the following features to create applications and smart libraries:
- Solutions for your business needs
- Solve problems without substantial code changes
- Apply new technology to products to enhance your products
- Integrate with other applications
- Create shareable code extensions
Innovation Studio includes the following consoles that help you to achieve specific goals:
|Console||Used to customize...|
|Record designer||The data model of an application|
|View designer||The UI of an application|
|Process designer||The processes of an application|
|Rule designer||The business rules of an application|
|Association designer||The associations between records of an application|
|Named List designer||A list of name value pairs used in a drop-down menu of an application|
|Configurations||The configuration settings of an application and Innovation Suite|
The Innovation Suite documentation helps new and experienced users implement or use this product. Based on your role, the following sections of the documentation are recommended:
A number of channels are available through which the developer community can get support.
- You can log on to BMC Developer community to get support from other developers using Innovation Suite. Experts from BMC can help you out with your queries.
- You can look at Developer Portal to collaborate with like-minded developers. You can co-create, innovate, and create applications.
- Access the Tutorial to create a sample application.
If you are a Remedy developer, you can review the comparison between the Developer Studio and Innovation Studio constructs.
Within Innovation studio you can use the In-App help to get oriented to the different consoles, you can use tool-tips to get in-place assistance for populating fields, or you can take a tutorial that takes you through building an application process.
Recommended skills set
For a business analyst
A business analyst can create codeless applications with minimal programming knowledge.
For a developer
For a developer to be able to work smoothly with Innovation studio and codes, the following skills set is recommended.
- Server Side App Development
- Oracle University Java SE 8 Fundamentals (required)
- Oracle University Java SE 8 Programming (recommended)
- Read Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS tutorial
- Client Side App Development
- Read online tutorial of JSON (required)
Before you start creating applications, BMC recommends the following trainings:
Additionally, refer to the Tutorial.