Connecting to IMS
If you do not want RMGR to connect to IMS, you can specify the //NORMGR DD DUMMY statement in the JCL that is used to start the IMS control region. Without this statement, an association is made between the IMS system and RMGR if the IMS DBU load library is included in the IMS startup JCL. This library might be included if you are using other BMC products with that IMS system.
- Update the JCL that is used to start the IMS control region:
- Ensure that the BMC product load library is listed before RESLIB and other third-party IMS software libraries in the STEPLIB concatenation. This step activates the RMGR dynamic extensions to IMS that several RMGR functions require.
- If the Backup and Recovery Solution for IMS or RECOVERY MANAGER for IMS product password is not stored in the product load library, add the data set that contains the password to the STEPLIB data set concatenation or add a BMCPSWD DD statement to identify the password data set.
- Add the following DD statement:
//RMGRSNGL DD DUMMY
You can connect to IMS without the RMGRSNGL statement if you are still using legacy RMGR configurations, but this method is not recommended. For more information, see Converting to a Single-RMGR configuration.
Do not load the following IMS modules in the link pack area (LPA) or the modifiable link pack area (MLPA):
If you do not have a license for CHANGE RECORDING FACILITY, you can suppress the following messages that are issued at IMS startup:
BMC90480C UNABLE TO ESTABLISH LINK WITH DBRC BMC90490C ERROR ENCOUNTERED DURING CHANGE CAPTURE FACILITY INITIALIZATION BMC90490C ERROR START TASK DLIOCCF
To suppress these messages, add the following statement to the IMS startup JCL:
//NOCRF DD DUMMY
If you have a license for CHANGE RECORDING FACILITY, do not use the NOCRF DD statement because these messages indicate an initialization error.
- If any applications in your environment require consistency between the STEPLIB concatenations of the IMS and DLI/SAS control regions, add the BMC product load library to the DLI/SAS control region in the IMS STEPLIB concatenation. This task is not required for RMGR; it is simply a reminder to update the DLI/SAS control region if necessary.
Recycle RMGR and IMS.
When you change the IMS release (upgrade to a new release or fall back to a previous release), you should recycle RMGR. In the same way, when you change the RMGR release, you should recycle IMS.
- (optional) To automate RMGR startup, you can add a step to the IMS startup procedure to execute the RMGR Startup utility. For more information, see Using the RMGR Startup utility.