Forcing user synchronization between BMC HR Case Management and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
As part of the post-installation procedure in a simple deployment, you can manually synchronize users of BMC HR Case Management and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting if you do not want to wait for the synchronization job to run.
Manually synchronize users by completing the following steps:
To add BMC HR Case Management user to BMC Remedy AR System Administrator group
Log in to BMC Remedy AR System Server as an Administrator.
- Navigate to AR System Administration > AR System Administration Console > Application > Users / Groups / Roles.
Open the Users form.
Search for a record of the BMC HR Case Management user who runs the user synchronization job.
Only BMC HR Case Management masters or administrators can run the user synchronization job.
Add Administrator group permissions to a BMC HR Case Management user.
To run the user synchronization job
- On the server where BMC Remedy Action Request System is installed, navigate to BMC Software > ARSystem > DeveloperStudio .
- Start the BMC Remedy Developer Studio tool.
- Select All Objects > Escalations.
- Right-click the RSR_UpdateCompletedStatus escalation, and select Open.
- Navigate to Other Definitions > Execution Options.
- Delete value next to Hours parameter, and type 1 next to the Minutes parameter.
- Hover the mouse over the RSR_UpdateCompletedStatus escalation name, and right-click it.
- Select Run Now.
When you force user synchronization, and set a relatively short time interval (1 minute), you can verify that the users added in BMC HR Case Management appear in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting almost at once.
To verify the users are added to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
Log in to BMC HR Case Management as a Standard Administrator or Standard Master.
On the BMC HR Case Management home page, click the Actions tab.
Click the Reporting Console menu.
The BMC Smart Reporting tool opens.
Verify the new users are added to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting. For details, see BMC Remedy Smart Reporting users in the BMC Remedy ITSM 9.1. online documentation.