Adding people records
You can create two types of people records:
- Case user people records—Records about system users who have access to BMC HR Case Management data: HR agents, HR administrators, HR masters, and self-service users having access to solutions in BMC MyIT. These records are saved on BMC Remedy Action Request System Server, in the system forms: User form, and COL:CORE:People form.
- People records (non-case users)—Records about people (can be records about customers, VIP persons, and so on) who do not have access to the BMC HR Case Management system. These records are not saved on the BMC Remedy AR System forms.
This topic describes how to create people records and includes the following section:
Before you begin
Before creating users, configure the following settings:
|Setting||Setting Path||Reference topic|
|Person type||Actions > System Settings > Application Settings > Menus > Modify Person Type||Configuring menus|
|Salutation||Actions > System Settings > Application Settings > Menus > Modify Salutation||Configuring menus|
|Site Name||Actions > System Settings > Locations > Sites||Configuring location|
|Organization Name||Actions > System Settings > Foundation > Organizations||Configuring company organizational structure|
|Department||Actions > System Settings > Foundation > Organizations||Configuring company organizational structure|
|Group||Actions > System Settings > Foundation > Groups||Adding groups and roles|
To add a people record
- Open the People console.
- Click New.
In the People form, complete the mandatory and optional details on the tabs:
Tab Required Description
Required This tab contains mandatory details that you must complete to save a people record. For more details, see Request Details.
This tab is displayed only if you set Case User flag to YES on the Request Details tab. This tab contains mandatory details that you must complete to save a case user record. For more details, see Complete Case Login options.
This tab displays an option for selecting a manager from the Manager Name list. Only one manager can be defined for an employee.
The manager details (email, phone numbers, Employee ID, and Manager Login ID) are automatically filled in with data from a profile of the selected person.
Note: The Manager Login ID field is available starting from 4.7.01.
User details such as National ID, or annual salary are considered confidential, and can be viewed only on the Confidential Data tab.
The data available on the Confidential Data tab can be accessed only by the following users:
- Standard Master users with no restrictions
- Standard Administrator users only if the Confidential Information flag in their People form is set to Yes
For details about completing the confidential data, see Confidential data.
You can add challenge questions so that HR agents can verify the users for whom you add these details by phone. You can add as many challenge questions as you need.
The questions and their answers can be later used for verification of self-service users by phone. When an HR agent opens a case based on a phone request, he must verify that the person who is calling is the right person. An HR agent opens Challenge Questions tab, and asks questions that are available on this tab. If a person answers the questions correctly, he can be verified.
You can add multiple challenge questions, modify, or delete them when necessary.
On the Related Items tab of a user profile, you can view and add the following types of items related to a user:
- Assigned cases to an HR agent
- Requested cases by an HR agent, or by a self-service employee
- Related person - can be added from the Related Items tab
- Related cases - can be added from the Related Items tab
- Related journal - can be added from the Request Details tab.
Follow these steps to add a related item:
- Click Add.
- From the Filter By list, select Case or People.
- In Search, type a search criterion, and start search.
Select an item in the list and click it.
The selected item (a case or a person) appears in the Current Related Items list.
- Click Relate and click Close.
On this tab, you add professional skills.
- Click Save & Close.
Overview of people record details
The following sections describe the details of people records that you might want to add or modify:
The following table explains the Request Details tab:
Complete mandatory basic details:
(Optional) Complete identity details:
(Optional) Complete location details:
(Optional) Complete contact details:
Review the default values for the following fields, and make necessary changes:
Case Login Details
The following table explains details on the Case Login Details tab:
|Case Login Details||Complete the following fields:|
|Default Groups||Select default groups for the following group types:|
Set the Receive Notifications flag to YES, so that the user receives email notifications about the updates in related cases.
Note: In earlier versions (4.6.00 to 4.7.00), the Receive Notifications flag is available on the Case Login tab.
Case Admin Functions
Define which of the Case Admin functions you would like to enable for this person:
|Permissions and Groups||Select one or more groups to add an employee to the selected groups.|
On the Confidential Data tab, you can add the following confidential details:
- National ID
- DOB—Date of birth
- DOH—Date of hire
- Primary language
- Language spoken
- Annual salary
The Age and Years are automatically calculated after filling out the DOB.
To add more than one spoken language
- Select a language from the Languages Spoken list.
- Click the Languages Spoken field, and type comma.
Select additional language from the Languages Spoken list.Click here to view the screenshot...
To add a salary value
- Select a currency from the Annual Salary list.
- Click the Annual Salary field.
Type a numeric value before the currency type.Click here to view the screenshot...