Configuring categorization tiers for cases, sites, and site regions
Configuring categorization tiers enable you to organize cases by their subject, and company sites and site regions—by location.
You can associate a single case category, a site category, and a site region with a single data group.
A category is a four-level top-to-bottom filter that can be applied to cases, sites, and site regions. A tier is a level of categorization of items.
You can create categories of the first level, and categories that include 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level of categorization.
Case categorization tiers are specified in the Case and Solution forms.
In a Case form, on the Case Details tab, you select Category Tier 1, 2, 3.
In a Solution form, on the Case Options tab, you select Categorization Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 .
Create sites in the System Settings console, Locations > Sites.
To create site categorization tiers, select values from the Categorization Tier 1, Categorization Tier 2, Categorization Tier 3, Categorization 4 Tier lists in a Site form.
To create region tiers, select values from the Region Tier 1, Region Tier 2, Region Tier 3, Region 4 Tier lists in a site form.
To add categorization tiers
Follow the procedure explained below to create categorization tiers for cases, sites, and site regions.
- Open System Settings console.
- Navigate to Application Settings > Categories and Regions.
- Click New.
- From the Record Type list, select a record type that you want to add categorization to: case, site, or site region.
- From the Data Group list, select a data group that is applied to this categorization tier will be applicable to.
- From the Categorization Tier 1 list, select a tier or type to add it.
- (Optional) Select tier levels for Categorization Tier 2, 3, 4 lists.
- When you are ready to use the category, select Active from the Status list.
- Click Save and Close.
When you create case categories that include the fourth level of categorization, keep in mind that Categorization Tier 4 field is not visible in a case form, and HR agents cannot manually categorize cases they create using the fourth level of categorization. However, the Categorization Tier 4 is visible in a solution form, and HR agents who create and modify solutions can specify the case category at the 4th level.