Adding journal templates and related items types
The Journal tab is displayed in a Case, Task, Solutions, and People form. Records that are added on the Journal tab are journal entries. The following types of journal entries can be added to a journal of a record:
- Notes—messages added to a record
- Emails—emails attached to a record
- Documents—files attached to a record
The Related Items tab is displayed in a Case, Task, Solutions, and People form. Related items are records that are added on the Related Items tab of a system record.
This section includes topics that describe configuration that can be applied for Journal and Related Items:
Journal templates are pre-configured templates that can be applied in notes and emails of the following system records:
A journal template is a text that is automatically added to a body of a journal entry when an HR agent selects a template from the templates list. Journal templates can contain fields from system records they are used in. When a journal template is applied in a journal entry, the appropriate variables are automatically generated from forms available in a journal template, and added into the body of a note, or email.
You can create journal templates that HR agents can apply when adding notes and sending emails.
To add a journal template
- In the System Settings console, select Application Settings > Journal Templates.
- Click New.
- From the Form Name field, select:
- COL:CASE:Case—to add a journal template for cases
- COL:CASE:Case_Task—to add a journal template for tasks
- COL:CASE:Solution—to add a journal template for solutions
The following forms are not applicable for selection:
- In the Template Name field, enter a name to be displayed in the templates list in a case, task, or solution form.
- Click the Content field and type the text of the journal template:
Click here to view the screenshot...
- To change the formatting of the template, use the available Editor tool options.
- To insert a form specific field into the template, select it from Form Fields drop-down list, and click Insert Field to Content.
You might want to send emails, or add notes to a case to automatically include case summary, case status, and assigned individual information into the body of the note or email. You can do this by creating a journal template for the case form, and by selecting these fields from the Form Fields as shown below:
When an HR agent adds a note, and selects the created journal template, the body of the note is automatically filled in with the values from the case form:
- Click Save & Close.
Related item types
Related items are categorized by Related Item Types and are displayed as expandable folders.
By adding related item types, you configure types of records that can be associated with cases, solutions, and people records, and can be manually added to these records.
Related Item Type is a name of a filter available in the Filter By list in the Add Related Items dialog box. This dialog box can be accessed from the Related Items tab of a Case, Solution, and People form.
To add a related item type
- In the System Settings console, select Advanced Settings > Related Item Types.
- Click New.
Complete the fields as desired:
Field Description Object A
Select a form for which you would like to add a related item type filter:
- Other forms are not applicable for selection because they do no have Related Items tab.
- Add button is disabled on the Related Items tab in a Tasks form.
Select a related record type:
Note: Other forms are not applicable for selection.
Object B Label
Type a descriptive label name for your related item type.
This label is displayed in the Filter By list, available in the Add Related Items dialog box in a form specified in the Object A field.
Usually, this is the same name as the object itself. For example, if you select People as Object B, you enter People as the label.
Type a descriptive name for the relationship between a selected objects.
For example, if People is Object B, you might enter Related Person.
Reverse Relationship Label
Type a descriptive name for the reverse relationship between selected objects.
For example, if Case is Object A and People is Object B, you might enter Related Case.
- Click Save & Close.