Using the Watson Dialog Copy Tool
IBM Watson currently doesn't provide a way to copy dialogs from one skill to another skill. We have therefore developed a tool which will help copy dialogs from one skill to another. For example, with the IT Chatbot skill, we ship a collection of Small Talk content. If you want to copy just the Dialog section, then you can use this Tool. It works using the JSON format of the skills. The Tool requires 2 skills in JSON format as follows:
- Input .json -> from where Dialogs need to be copied
- Target .json -> where Dialogs need to be pasted
IBM Watson Assistant provides a way to export a skill in JSON format. Please refer to the following link for information regarding how to export a skill: https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/assistant?topic=assistant-backup#backup-export-skill
With this Tool you can copy any number of Parent Dialogs. If the selected Dialog is dependent on other Dialogs, then those dialogs automatically get copied to target skill. From the selected Dialogs, all Intents and Entities also get copied over to the target skill if they are not already present in target skill.
How to use the Dialog Copy Tool:
Once you have downloaded and extracted the contents of the Chatbot Starter Kit, you will see a Tools folder. In the folder you will find the WatsonDialogCopy.html file. The following steps describe how to use the tool:
- Double click the WatsonDialogCopy.html file, to launch the tool in your web browser.
- Upload the Input and Output / Target workspace (i.e. skill) as shown in the image below.
- Once you click on the Show Input Dialog Nodes button, you will see all parent dialogs from the Input skill
- Select the Dialog nodes that you want to copy and click the Generate File By Adding Selected Dialogs button.
- The Target Skill, after adding the selected dialogs, will be downloaded automatically
- Take the updated Target skill and import it into IBM Watson Assistant. Please refer to the following link for information regarding how to import a skill: https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/assistant?topic=assistant-backup#backup-import-skill All the copied Dialog Nodes will be added at the top of the Dialog Node list. Then you will have to manually move them to their appropriate areas within the Dialog Node list.